Welcome to the Multi support page
This page holds the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Gtech Multi.
FAQs for Gtech Multi
Where can I use the Multi to clean?
The Multi has been designed to give you all the attachments from an upright vacuum cleaner, right in the palm of your hand. It gives you the freedom to cordlessly clean stairs, upholstery, blinds, curtains, floor moldings, car interiors and much more.
What is the run-time?
The Multi can clean for up to 30 minutes on a single charge.‡
Can it clean hard to reach areas?
Yes, the Multi has a flexible hose to help you reach difficult to clean areas. It also comes with a 14-inch extension tube to help you clean from floor to ceiling. It has LED lights to help you see the dirt in even the darkest areas.
My Multi doesn't have very much suction.There could be several reasons for the Multi losing suction:
- Ensure that the bin is empty and that the filters are clean.
- If you've recently cleaned your filter, the vacuum will lose suction if the filter is wet. Leave the filter in a warm dry place for 24 hours (but not in direct contact with a heat source, for example on top of a radiator).
- If you've recently emptied the dirt from your Multi, you could experience a loss of suction if the bin lid is not correctly sealed. Check that the bin lid is correctly closed and that the bin is firmly attached to the body of the vacuum.
- If the filter is inserted the wrong way around, the Multi will lose suction. When assembling your Multi always ensure that the filter is the right way round.
- If you have emptied the bin, cleaned and checked the filter and your vacuum still doesn't have suction, then it's likely that there is a blockage. Blockages can sometimes occur in either the vacuum or the attachments.
If your Multi still doesn't have suction after following these steps, contact our Customer Services team. If your Multi is under warranty, please have your address, telephone number and serial number to hand.
My Multi doesn't run for as long as it used to.
If your Multi isn't fully charged, it won't run for a long as it should. To ensure the Multi is fully charged, run it down almost completely, then re-charge it for 4 hours. Once fully charged, the Multi should display 4 green LEDs at the top whilst running. Each LED represents approximately 7 minutes of cleaning time (though the exact time will vary depending on the surface and attachments being used). The LEDs will go out as you clean, giving you an indication of the remaining cleaning time. If, after re-charging, your Multi stops unexpectedly after reaching 2 green LEDs, it's likely that the battery has developed a fault. You can order a replacement battery from our website. If your Multi is within warranty, please contact our Customer Services team. Please have your address, telephone number and serial number to hand. If your product wasn't purchased directly from Gtech, we may also require proof of purchase.
Which type of battery does my Multi have?
The Multi uses a 22V Lithium-Ion battery.
Which type of charger do I need for my Multi?
The Multi uses only one type of charger, which is included with your order. Replacement chargers can be ordered from our website. If you own an AirRam, you can also use your AirRam charger to charge your Multi.
How long does it take to charge?
The Multi takes four hours to fully charge. The battery can be charged both on and off the product.
My Multi isn't re-charging.
When charging correctly, the green LED lights on the top of the Multi will pulse. The number of LEDs will gradually increase until the battery is fully re-charged. Re-charging from flat should take approximately 4 hours. If you don't see any green LEDs when you put the Multi on to charge, follow these simple steps:
- Disconnect the charger from the wall socket and the Multi.
- Pull the trigger.
- Check the LED lights on the top of the vacuum.
If you see one red flashing LED or four depleting red LEDs, your charger may have developed a fault. You can order a replacement charger from our website. Alternatively, if you own an AirRam, you can use the same charger for your Multi. If you don't see any LEDs, it's likely that the battery has developed a fault. You can order a replacement battery from our website. If your Multi is within warranty, please contact our Customer Services team. Please have your address, telephone number and serial number to hand.
Does the Multi have a warranty?
Yes, the Multi has a 2-year warranty.â€ If anything goes wrong with your Multi due to a manufacturing fault, within the first two years, we will fix or replace it.
Is the battery covered by the warranty?
Yes, the Lithium-ion battery is covered under the Multi's 2-year warranty.†
Multi Other Questions
How many attachments does it have?The Multi has a whole range of cleaning tools to help you cordlesslyclean your whole house with ease.
- The crevice tool is used to clean tight areas that the regular nozzle can't get into.
- The upholstery tool is excellent for cleaning stairs, upholstery and even your car interior.
- The dusting brush is used for dusting and cleaning delicate surfaces.
- The flexible hose helps you get into hard to reach areas.
- The extension tube gives you the extra reach needed to cordlessly clean from floor to ceiling with ease.
- The LED lights help you to see dirt in even the darkest areas.
How much does the Multi weigh?
The Multi weighs just 3.5lbs.
Do I need to change the filter often?
No, the Multi contains a lifetime washable filter. The Multi's electronics also continuously monitor motor efficiency and will let you know when the filter needs cleaning.
Can I use the Multi to clean up wet areas?
No, the Multi is only suitable for cleaning up dry dirt and mess.
I can't find the crevice tool?
The crevice tool is conveniently located inside the body of the vacuum cleaner, at the bottom of the handle.
The filter warning light has come on.
The Multi's electronics continuously monitor motor efficiency. The filter warning light will come on if the vacuum's motor is working harder than usual. There could be several reasons for this:
- The bin needs emptying or the filter needs cleaning, resulting in restricted airflow and diminished performance.<
- The filter has been inserted into the Multi upside down, stopping airflow.
- If you have emptied the bin, cleaned and checked the filter and the warning light is still coming on, then it's likely that there is a blockage. Blockages can sometimes occur in either the vacuum or the attachments.
If, after checking all of the above, the warning light remains on, please contact our Customer Service Team. If your Multi is under warranty, please have your address, telephone number and serial number to hand.
How long does it take for an order to ship?
All orders are shipped next business day from our fulfillment center in Fairfield, OH via FedEx Ground. Orders placed Friday to Sunday and on holidays will be processed the next business day. The expected delivery time is 5-7 business days. You will receive a separate email with the FedEx tracking number once we have shipped your order.
Multi Parts & Servicing
How do I get my Multi serviced?
Simply call us at 888-997-0898 and we will arrange for you to send your Multi to our repair center in Fairfield, OH. We will inspect the unit and if we aren't able to repair it we will replace it for you.
Where can I purchase replacement parts?
Call us at 888-997-0898 and we will arrange to ship the part to you. There will be a charge for replacement air filters & chargers.
If you can't find the answer you're looking for on this page, please feel free to get in touch.